Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Second Harvest of Silicon Valley as a beneficiary:
- Request a change-of-beneficiary form from you plan administrator. You may be able to do it all online.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- List Second Harvest of Silicon Valley as a non-profit organization beneficiary, tax ID #94-2614101, located at 4001 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95134.
When you have finished, please return the form to your plan administrator, and notify us of your gift.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and Second Harvest over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left Second Harvest a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because Second Harvest is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Make Sure You Have a Plan for All Your AssetsDownload My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
- Contact Cecilia Bynum at 408-266-8866, ext. 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Second Harvest with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Second Harvest in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- Please notify us if you have included us in your legacy plans, so we can thank you.
Legal Name: Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
Address: 4001 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95134
Federal Tax ID Number: 94-2614101